A Two-Way Relationship
Tuesday, May 14 2013
“He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.” – Isaiah 50:4b
The prophet Isaiah describes his relationship to God as a relationship
that has two-way communication. Have you ever felt that your
communication with God was only one way – you to Him only? Isaiah tells
us, “The Sovereign Lord has given me an instructed tongue, to know the
word that sustains the weary…. The Sovereign Lord has opened my ears,
and I have not been rebellious; I have not drawn back” (Is. 50:4-5).
The key to Isaiah’s relationship with God lies in four important principles:
1. He had an instructed tongue. Isaiah had given over rule of his life completely to God’s purposes.
2. He knew the word of the Lord, which allowed him to sustain and encourage others.
3. He took time to listen.
4. He did not flee from the tough assignments. He didn’t shrink back.
If we are to be able to listen to God, we must follow the same
principles. Knowing and spending time studying God’s Word allows the
Holy Spirit to bring to mind His instructions for what He wants for us.
Recently, I became very busy in my work and other activities. It wasn’t
long before I felt distance between God and me. I had to make a
conscious decision to carve out more time alone to listen, study, and
meditate on His Word. This is the lifeline for the follower of Jesus.
When we begin to lose the relationship, we are susceptible to becoming
rebellious, going our own way. Invest your life in this relationship so
that you may continue to hear His voice and sustain the weary ones
Did today’s devotion encourage you?
Encourage your friends by sharing TGIF!
- Daily Verse: Isaiah 50:4 (faithfulprovisions.com)
- Life in the Spirit – A Devotion (lthomason.wordpress.com)
- Inwardly Renewed (joyfulsorrows.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 16 (asorensen.wordpress.com)
- Disappointment That Leads to Destruction. (aaronhalim.wordpress.com)
- I’ve Got This (thisonewillbeourpeace.wordpress.com)
- Fear Leads To Spiritual Darkness (nweatherhead.wordpress.com)
- Get Your Mind Right (yepbuddy.wordpress.com)
- Statement of Faith (merciesrenewed.wordpress.com)