In order to be fully used by God in the workplace, we need to understand what breaks God’s heart. When we understand what breaks God’s heart, we are able to mourn on behalf of a grieving person, or a nation we are called to serve. What breaks God’s heart? When we begin to answer this question, we begin the first step to becoming instruments of change for those things that are important to God. Perhaps it is an overemphasis in our own talent and abilities, or lack of complete trust in Jesus. Perhaps it is the lack of respect for human life that leads to the killing of innocent babies. Perhaps it is the deceit and pride that often rule the workplace of commerce. Or perhaps it is the strife and divisions among His own Body that grieve Him most. When we begin to mourn over our own sins in these areas, God begins to use us as instruments of righteousness to affect these things. It was only when God let me see my own sins in the workplace and how they broke His heart that I began to be an instrument for His purposes.
Today, ask God to show you what things in your world are breaking His heart. Then see how He might want you to be the priest to affect for Him. The first step is identification with what breaks God’s heart.
Did today’s devotion encourage you?
Encourage your friends by sharing TGIF!
- Spiritual Warfare (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Faith Versus Presumption (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- When Ministry Becomes and Idol Pt. 1 (joebuchanan.wordpress.com)
- The Staff Syndrome (thelittlehouseontherock.wordpress.com)
- God’s Need of His Dispensational Instrument Today (beyondbodyandmind.wordpress.com)
- Quest for Joy: Six Biblical Truths With John Piper – God created us for His glory (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)
- A “God Story” Was Written Today! (getreal.typepad.com)