Hezekiah was a godly king. He was also a very talented businessman and builder. He was responsible for many noteworthy projects that are described in detail in the Old Testament. We discover from the passage above that King Hezekiah had two major attributes that contributed to his success and prosperity: He sought God, and he worked wholeheartedly upholding God’s laws.
Godly success involves a partnership between you and God. Success in God’s economy means achieving the purpose for which God made you. That purpose can never be discovered without seeking Him with a whole heart. You may achieve great things without seeking God, but you will never achieve the things God set out for you to achieve without seeking Him. Unless you seek Him, you may find yourself one day climbing to the top of the ladder only to find it leaning against the wrong wall.
What does it mean to seek God? It means creating time to sit before His throne in quiet places. It means reading His Word in order to know Him more intimately. It means developing an ear to hear His voice so that we know when to turn to the right or to the left. God desires to know you.
Are you willing to take the time to know Him? If so, you can be sure He will guide you into those things that will bring success to every aspect of your life.
- Tuesday, October 30, 2012 @ 2 Chronicles 29-32 (phyllisbenigas.wordpress.com)
- Deep #1: Hezekiah, King in Prayer (joshmchang.com)
- Important Lessons about Facing the Enemy Fearlessly (jesuscarriesme.com)
- the heart of an intercessor (sharingloveandtruth.org)
- When Hope is Deferred (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Two Pillars (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Moving in Presumption (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Seeing What Others Cannot See (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- O Emmanuel (O God with us) Dec 23rd. (mum6kids.wordpress.com)
- The Isolation Chamber (wdednh.wordpress.com)