In 2003, I took my first trip to Israel. I visited the Wailing Wall, the only thing left of the original temple built by David’s son, Solomon. I took an underground tour of the temple foundation which allowed us to see the incredibly huge, square boulders that were used to lay the foundation. History states that these boulders were cut off-site and transported to the temple location to avoid loud noises in the temple area. Pillars are designed to provide the foundation to a structure. These towering cylinders provide the height and strength to connect the roof to the lower foundation.
What’s remarkable is the name of the two pillars that stood in front of the temple: Jakin, which means it establishes. And Boaz means in it is strength. Jakin was a priest. Boaz was a business man also known as a “king” in the scriptures. He was also Ruth’s kinsman redeemer whose lineage would be traced all the way to Christ (Mt. 1:5). It is a picture of two people God would use to represent the entrance into God’s presence and the forming of the foundation of Christ’s Church. The Bible says we are both kings and priests, but we also have two separate distinct roles to play in his Body.
Kings and Priests are joining together to bring the presence of God into the place that has been forbidden territory – the workplace. It is only when this partnership cooperates in unity, mutual respect, and affirmation that we see God’s power released. Alone, we cannot do it. Together, we can bring the presence of God into all spheres of society to transform workplaces, cities and nations.
Did today’s devotion encourage you?
Encourage your friends by sharing TGIF!
- Two Pillars (maddmedic.wordpress.com)
- The Third Temple, The Pillar Of Cloud and Solomon’s Temple (merovee.wordpress.com)
- Sinister Sites: IRS Headquarters, Maryland, ( and many more..You be the Judge ) (akkaoldfart.wordpress.com)
- Sinister Sites: IRS Headquarters, Maryland (shanecloud.com)
- Prayer at Work (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Why Revere Old Temple Stones? (livingontilt.wordpress.com)
- The Benefits of Obedience (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Sinister Sites: IRS Headquarters, Maryland (zengardner.com)
- The Temple vessels are ready for Jerusalem’s Third Temple (raptureimminent.wordpress.com)
- Sinister Sites: IRS Headquarters, Maryland (thetruthseeker.co.uk)