Was U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens engaged in arming militant Islamic jihadists when the U.S. compound in Benghazi, Libya, was attacked on September 11? Ambassador Stevens was one of four Americans killed in the September 11 terrorist attack, along with embassy information officer Sean Smith and former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glenn Doherty.
The deadly attack, and the Obama administration’s handling of the hours-long event, have left a multitude of burning, unanswered questions, among which are:
• Did Secretary of State Clinton and President Obama ignore Ambassador Stevens’ pleas for additional security in the ultra-dangerous Benghazi environment?
• Did Obama watch the attack in “real time” video feeds from drones circling the area?
• Were former Navy SEALs Woods and Doherty ordered to “stand down” and not assist the besieged compound, as claimed by Woods’ father and others? If so, who gave the orders? Woods and Doherty reportedly disobeyed those orders and put their careers and their lives on the line to rescue Americans and other nationals trapped in the attack.
• Did the Obama administration repeatedly deny aid to Woods and Doherty over the course of nearly seven hours while they were under attack, as critics have charged? If not, then why was aid never sent? Many military experts (including retired Adm. James A. Lyons, former commander in chief of the U.S. Pacific Fleet) have pointed out that adequate military assets were available and within striking distance, including our Special Forces units in Sigonella, Sicily.
Perhaps one of the most important questions that President Obama should be required to answer is, “What was Ambassador Stevens doing in Benghazi when our ‘consulate’ was attacked?” And a follow-up question: “Was Ambassador Stevens helping to arm militant anti-American jihadists, including Syrian and Libyan al-Qaeda elements?” Investigative reporter/bestselling author/radio talk-show host Aaron Klein has reported (see here and here) that according to his Middle East sources, that is precisely what Ambassador Stevens was doing.
This reporter interviewed Aaron Klein, Jerusalem bureau chief for WorldNetDaily, in Appleton, Wisconsin, on October 22 (see video below) , where he appeared at a joint speaking engagement with New Zealand author/researcher Trevor Loudon, author of Barack Obama and the Enemies Within.
Klein emphatically took issue with the numerous media reports that referred to the U.S. compound that was attacked on September 11 as a “U.S. consulate,” and he explained why that distinction is important.
“It was not a consulate,” Aaron Klein told The New American. “According to Middle East security officials I talked to, this was a major meeting point — I would say the central meeting point — for the American diplomats, including Christopher Stevens, the U.S. Ambassador who was killed, to meet with officials of Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar, about supplying the opposition in Syria and Libya. Well, who is the opposition? In Libya, the opposition openly included jihadists, included al-Qaeda elements. In Syria, right now, the al-Qaeda elements are leading the opposition…. According to the different sources I spoke to, what we have here is a U.S. policy of arming rebels, knowing or not knowing — but I can’t understand how they would not know — that many of these rebels are jihadists.”
Photo: William F. Jasper interviews Aaron Klein in Appleton, Wisconsin, on October 22, 2012
- Benghazigate: Was Obama gun-walking arms to jihadists? (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- I…..did Not Know; No One Told Me! (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- However you Slice a Tomato, Tomato will NOT be Potato! (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Why Was Security Stripped in Benghazi? (warsclerotic.wordpress.com)
- Obama Tells Americans, ‘We Leave Nobody Behind’ (cnsnews.com)
- Did Our President and Others Commit Treason In Benghazi? (conservativesonfire.wordpress.com)
- Why President Obama Is Being Hurt By The Benghazi Story (warnewsupdates.blogspot.com)
- MSM on Benghazi: “not optimal” (sfgate.com)
- Benghazi and the Lethal Price of Arming Jihadists (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- LYONS:Obama needs to come clean on what happened in Benghazi (washingtontimes.com)