The Error of Positive Thinking
Monday, September 17 2012
…”Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,” says the Lord Almighty.Zechariah 4:6
God‘s people should be the most positive, joyful people on earth. This joy should be a by-product of a healthy, intimate relationship with Jesus. In today’s business climate, we are barraged with every possible means of becoming more productive workplace believers. Positive thinking and self-help philosophy are promoted as tools for workplace believers to fulfill their potential and overcome the mountains in their lives. God calls each of us to be visionary leaders, but we must be careful that vision is born out of His Spirit, not the latest self-help program. These ideas lead us away from dependence on God to a self-based psychology designed to give us more power, prosperity, and significance.
The result is heresy. Our faith in God becomes faith in faith. It is born out of hard work and diligence rather than obedience to God’s Spirit. The problem lies in that these philosophies sound good, and can even be supported by Bible verses. Beware of anything that puts the burden of performance on you rather than God. There are times in our lives when God doesn’t want us to climb every mountain. Sometimes He wants us to go around. Knowing the difference is the key to being a man or woman led by the Spirit.
God has called us to affect the workplace through His Spirit, not by our might. Have you tapped into the real power source of the soul? Ask the Lord to reveal and empower you through His Spirit today. Then you will know what real positive thinking is.
Did today’s devotion encourage you? Encourage your friends by shari
- 12 Proven Ways Positive Thinking Helps Your Career (onlinecollege.org)
- Changing Our Paradigm (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Affirming New Leadership (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Positive thinking: Reduce stress by eliminating negative self-talk (aaramblog.com)
- Calling by Name (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- New Things (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- The Wizard of Oz (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- The Spiritual Realm (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Sharing Your Faith with Others (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Moving With the Cloud (wdednh.wordpress.com)