Overprotective parents do their children a great injustice. The caterpillar that lies inside the cocoon will never become the beautiful butterfly if someone cuts open the cocoon prematurely. It is the struggle itself that allows the butterfly to emerge as a strong, new creature of nature.
God understands how necessary this process is. That is why we are allowed to experience difficult, often life-changing events. He even orchestrates them-all for our benefit. What the Israelites thought was a cruel joke when Pharaoh sent troops to pursue them after they had been freed and penned against the shore of the Red Sea became the stage for the most publicized miracle of all time-the parting of the Red Sea. Generation after generation has heard this incredible story of deliverance. God puts us against the “Red Seas” in order to show His power in and through us. If we do not know God can deliver, then we can never learn to trust Him. Circumstances that go beyond our capabilities of solving them place us at God’s complete mercy. This is how He likes it.
Do not fear the calamity that comes your way. If you are faithful to Him in the test, you will see God’s power manifested like never before. Just as the Israelites were able to sing a song of deliverance, you too will have your own testimony of the Lord’s faithfulness; and you will be able to recall it for others to build your faith and theirs.
Did today’s devotion encourage you?
Encourage your friends by sharing TGIF!
- Going Against the Flow (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- The Perfectionist (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Unless the Lord Goes With Us (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Obedience Tests (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Free to Stand (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Dying for Lack of Knowledge (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Moving With the Cloud (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Our Staff as Our Protector (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- What Did the Ancient Israelites Look Like? (holylandphotos.wordpress.com)
- The Spiritual Realm (wdednh.wordpress.com)