Unless the Lord Goes With Us
TGIF Today God Is First
Volume 1 by Os Hillman Tuesday, September 11 2012
“Then Moses said to him, ‘If Your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here.'”Exodus 33:15
Moses was in the middle of his journey through the wilderness, leading the people of Israel out of Egypt. The people had just sinned by worshiping the golden calf. Moses interceded for them and God spared them their lives. Moses then talked one on one with the Lord. He knew he could not lead this stubborn people without God’s presence. He had come to realize that without God’s presence, he could not do anything. How will anyone know that You are pleased with me and with Your people unless You go with us? What else will distinguish me and Your people from all the other people on the face of the earth? (Exodus 33:16)
Moses did not want to move farther without the assurance that God was moving with him. He knew it was a life-and-death situation. He sought the Lord with his whole heart on this one matter.
The question is a good one. If we are to be effective in anything we do for the Lord, the Lord must be in the midst of it. Unless the Lord’s power is seen among us, we will be just another person who has religion. Unless we manifest His life to others, they will see only good behavior that is easily counterfeited by moral people. Moving out in presumption will end in failure and frustration. Ask the Lord today to assure you of His presence and power in your activities. Then you will be assured that you will be distinguished among all the other people on the face of the earth.
Did today’s devotion encourage you? Encourage your friends by sharing TGIF!
- Our Staff as Our Protector (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- The Perfectionist (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- The Way of God (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Going Against the Flow (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Making the Lord Our Banner (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- The Consequences of Faith (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- The Golden Calf Party (craigmotor.wordpress.com)
- Exodus 33-35 (mybiblereadingplan.wordpress.com)
- Dying for Lack of Knowledge (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- When You’re Tempted to Go off on Someone (briancoatney.com)