“I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ“(Philem 6-7).
There is a strong correlation between those who publicly share their faith with others and an increase in spiritual growth for that individual. In my own journey I’ve discovered that when I stop sharing my faith with non-believers I begin to see a dryness in my walk with God.
Sometimes we justify our lack of verbal witness by saying we don’t have the spiritual gift of evangelism. Or we conclude that because we have an introvert personality we leave witnessing to others who we deem as more qualified. As a well-qualified introvert myself, I’ve often wanted to use that excuse. Then, the Holy Spirit reminds me of a few instructions Jesus said to EVERYONE:
“But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven” (Matt 10:33). “He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation” (Mark 16:15-16). There is not much confusion about what Jesus is saying in these verses. And it relates to all of us.
When we share Christ with others God allows us to gain a deeper and greater understanding of every good thing in Christ. Do you see the direct correlation between sharing your faith and your own spiritual growth? Paul says it’s actually a prerequisite to spiritual growth.
One of the great ways to turn a conversation to faith is by asking someone if there is anything you can pray for them about. You will be surprised how easily this will transition you into a conversation about their faith lives.
Ask God for boldness today to offer to pray for someone.
- Miraculous Signs (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Study: Churchgoers Say Sharing Faith Essential, Many Never Do (cafewitteveen.wordpress.com)
- 10 Reasons today’s Church is failing (pastormikesays.wordpress.com)
- Sharing my Faith (myprivatestory.wordpress.com)
- What does it mean to accept Jesus Christ? (ahopechest.wordpress.com)
- Lord Teach Us to Pray: Free Our Hearts by Paula Mitchell (godspace.wordpress.com)
- Guidance for Spiritual Gifts – Part 2 – the Gospel Guides (holyminestrone.com)
- Rockies faithful share a day of faith at Coors Field (denverpost.com)
- Changed Spiritual Trajectories (thekepnerfamily.com)
- Prayer of a preacher after the Sermon….Luther (deprofundisclamaviadtedomine.wordpress.com)