Motivations to Call
Tuesday, August 28 2012
…”Cheer up! On your feet! He’s calling you.”Mark 10:49
Do you recall the circumstances when God first called you into relationship with Him? Were you in need of something? Were you in a crisis situation? Every day God calls someone into relationship with Him through different circumstances. More often than not, the circumstances relate to a need in their life that only God can meet.
Bartimaeus had the need to see again. He was a poor blind beggar, who had heard about Jesus and the miracles He had done. The crowds rebuked him for seeking Jesus, yet he continued to cry out. “Many rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, ‘Son of David, have mercy on me!’…Throwing his cloak aside, he jumped to his feet and came to Jesus” (Mk. 10:48,50). That day, Bartimaeus saw for the first time. But more than that, he saw with spiritual eyes for the first time.
Each workday, we rub shoulders with someone who has not met this Jesus we know personally. God uses needs to draw us to Himself. What need has He placed in a coworker that only Christ can meet? Perhaps you are the instrument He wants to use to introduce that person to Himself. It requires availability and a willingness to look for people with needs, then point them to Christ to meet their needs. Pray for divine appointments today.
- Miraculous Signs (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- New Things (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Passion (oxygenlovesjesus.wordpress.com)
- Beware of the Thief (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- From Pain to Destiny (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Once I was Blind, But Now I See (godspeaking.wordpress.com)
- The Worship Service (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Money Matters: Generosity (ptl2010.com)
- Take Heart, Get Up … He is Calling You (jzipster.wordpress.com)