Having a Great Number Two Man
An organization cannot grow without a trusted and skilled second in command or “number two” man or woman. Joshua was Moses’ “number two” man. He could trust him explicitly in all matters. He came to Moses as a young man and demonstrated his devotion to Moses early. A situation arose in the camp in which Joshua felt others were seeking to usurp Moses’ leadership.
“Joshua son of Nun, who had been Moses’ aide since youth, spoke up and said, “Moses, my lord, stop them!” But Moses replied, “Are you jealous for my sake? I wish that all the Lord’s people were prophets and that the LORD would put his Spirit on them!” Then Moses and the elders of Israel returned to the camp (Num 11:28-30).
His loyalty is an example of what is required of a “number two” man. Joshua never sought to elevate himself. He served Moses until the day came when God promoted him to be the leader. He was a model of servant-hood.
When our ministry began to expand, God sent me a great “number two” man named Joey. He was living in Florida with his wife and their three small children. He learned of our need through our prayer letter. God spoke to him and his wife before we ever talked. We could not pay him what he was worth. He came by faith. God honored his faith and has enabled our work to grow and allow me to be away from the office to minister around the world.
Do you need a “number two” man? Ask God to bring him or her to you.
- Our Staff as Our Protector (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Making the Lord Our Banner (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- The Causes of Failure (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- The Consequences of Faith (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Chelsea announce deal for Wigan dazzler Moses (tribalfootball.com)
- Chelsea set to splash £9m on Moses (guardian.co.uk)
- Chelsea seal swoop for Wigan’s Moses (thehimalayantimes.com)
- Victor Moses still eyeing Chelsea move (thesun.co.uk)
- Thank God for that! Chelsea answer all our prayers by finally signing Moses (mirror.co.uk)
- National Sport: Chelsea secure Moses deal (coventrytelegraph.net)