From Pain to Destiny
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 2 by Os Hillman
Monday, August 20 2012
“Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything”(James 1:2-5).
God often allows pain to ignite destiny in our lives. Without motivation, many of us would never fulfill the purposes for which God created us. Oftentimes a measured assault invades our life and creates a depth of pain that all we know to do is press into God with all our being.
At first, our motivation is to alleviate the pain. After a season of extreme emotional and sometimes physical pain, a second phase begins. This phase moves us to discover a new and deeper relationship with God. We begin to discover things about ourselves and about God that we never would have discovered without this motivation. Gradually, our heart changes our motivation from pain to loving obedience because there is a transition of the heart that takes place. No longer do we seek God for deliverance from the pain; we seek God because He is God. We seek His face and not His hand.
When we move to the second phase we often find ourselves moving into a new destiny and calling for our lives because God often separates us from the old life in this process. No doubt Joseph and Peter felt the pain of their individual crises. However, later they could realize God’s purposes in their crisis. Like Joseph, we are able to say, “You meant it for evil, but God meant it for good.”
Today, let God move you from the place of pain to the place of destiny. Let God show you the secret things He has reserved for you as a result of the crisis you may find yourself in.
- Physical Therapy for Pain Management (everydayhealth.com)
- Neck Pain Treatment Options (answers.com)
- Managing Invisalign Pain (topdentists.com)
- Working with Pain (badlamaguide.wordpress.com)
- Social Pain, Physical Pain, and the Brain (psychologytoday.com)
- Motivation Mon-er Tuesday: Got Destiny? (theenduringmind.wordpress.com)
- That which does not kill you makes you stronger. (lifeofthrees.wordpress.com)
- Finding ways to get rid of our pain the “easy way” (absinthemindedkid.wordpress.com)
- Eliminating Stress Brings Pain Relief (everydayhealth.com)
- Pain and Pleasure (dranilj1.wordpress.com)