TGIF Today God Is First Volume 2 by Os Hillman
Saturday, August 18 2012
“And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith”(Matt 13:58).
You can learn a lot about people in traffic. For instance, I observe a lot when I see 20 cars in one line and only 3 cars in another. The reason for the longer line is these people want to make sure they get to make their turn after the light. I, on the other hand, want to get through the light first, then I will worry about making the next turn. This is a difference in risk taking tolerance, or perhaps faith; or even some might argue with me that I’m operating out of presumption versus real faith.
No matter which person you might be in this situation, it is sure that faith is often spelled R.I.S.K. When the priests carried the ark into the Jordan River at flood stage there was a risk they could lose the ark to the Jordan River. However, that is not what happened. “And as soon as the priests who carry the ark of the LORD, the Lord of all the earth set foot in the Jordan, its waters flowing downstream will be cut off and stand up in a heap” (Josh 3:13). God changed the entire environment and made it possible to walk across without the pressure of wading through the powerful water only when they took the first step.
Risk means there is a potential for loss. However, when God leads us to take a risk, then He is there whether we succeed or fail. He is there in the success and He is there in the failure. If He leads you to take a risk it may not always succeed in the way you think. In fact, it could even fail.
The only true failure is when we fail to take the risk when God is leading us to do so. Sometimes the fear of failure is the greater obstacle than the risk itself.
Has God called you to step out in an area that requires risk? This could be the place He wants you to move. Ask Jesus to give you the courage to step out.
- The Causes of Failure (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Miraculous Signs (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- The Worship Service (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Our Staff as Our Protector (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- The Consequences of Faith (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Such a Time as This (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Obedience Tests (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Things I Cannot Understand (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Shedding Former Things (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Gaining Direction Through a Lack of Provision (wdednh.wordpress.com)