When is the last time you saw a miracle in your workplace? Perhaps you prayed for a co-worker and they were instantly healed. Perhaps you prayed for a co-worker’s financial problem and it was resolved. Perhaps you led a co-worker to Christ. Or maybe God gave you an answer to a major problem at work that benefited your organization.
The disciples were working people. They turned the world upside down not because of their knowledge of Jesus, but because of their outflow of the power of Jesus through them to others. And this was done in the public square, where all could see.
Workplace Bible and prayer groups are great, but you must transition to action if you want to change the spiritual climate in an organization. There is a risk – God might actually show up in a powerful way.
I taught a lunch-time Bible study in an insurance company for two years. God began to move powerfully in the meetings. People were coming to Christ. Some experienced healing. Word was getting out and non-believers came to check us out.
When is the last time someone saw something happen through your life that could not be explained other than God working in your life? When you begin to see this happen, you will be modeling ministry as Jesus modeled it. You will be bringing the Church to the people, not the people to the church.
Pray that God makes you a vessel of His power, not simply a vessel of words.
Did today’s devotion encourage you?
Encourage your friends by sharing TGIF!
- The Worship Service (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Getting Refueled (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Being a Shelter for Those in Need (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Things I Cannot Understand (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- The Causes of Failure (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Living As If You Were Dead (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Obedience Tests (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Unlimited Potential (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- intimacy with the Upright (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- The Precious Word Bible Study Series – The Word Reveals The Savior (Lesson #5) (ptl2010.com)