“Each man will be like a shelter from the wind and a refuge from the storm, like streams of water in the desert and the shadow of a great rock in a thirsty land.”Isaiah 32:2
Have you ever walked in a dry, hot climate for an extended time? The sun beats down, sweat begins to pour off your brow, and your throat and mouth are parched with thirst. A little shade, a slight breeze, or a cool drink becomes the greatest thing one could value at the moment.
When you and I walk with Christ in the workplace, we become that kind of oasis for non-Christians. However, they may not recognize it at the time. Let’s face it, the workplace is pretty tough, especially when Christ is not in the center of it.
When a person becomes aware of their need of Christ through you or me, we have become a shelter from the wind. We become their refuge from the storms of life.
Someone once said that you and I might be the only Bible someone ever reads, so we need to be something worth reading. Are you available to be that shelter for a non-believing friend? If so, then you may open the eyes of someone who has been blind his whole life. What an incredible blessing to know you were the instrument God used to bring a person into the Kingdom of God.
“Then the eyes of those who see will no longer be closed, and the ears of those who hear will listen” (Isaiah 32:3).
- Unlimited Potential (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Living As If You Were Dead (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- The Consequences of Faith (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- The Precious Word Bible Study Series – The Word Reveals The Savior (Lesson #5) (ptl2010.com)
- Getting Refueled (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Q86 “how do I live healed?” (ptl2010.com)
- One of the Twelve (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Mother Teresa (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Obedience Tests (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Making the Lord Our Banner (wdednh.wordpress.com)