Gaining Direction Through a Lack of Provision
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 2 by Os Hillman
Saturday, July 21 2012
“You will drink from the brook, and I have ordered the ravens to feed you there”(1 Kings 17:4).
“Now Elijah the Tishbite, from Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab, ‘As the LORD, the God of Israel, lives, whom I serve, there will be neither dew nor rain in the next few years except at my word.’ Then the word of the LORD came to Elijah: ‘Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. You will drink from the brook, and I have ordered the ravens to feed you there'” (1 Kings 17:1-4).
God provided for Elijah in a supernatural way. The ravens brought bread in the morning and meat in the evening. His water came from the brook.
God often uses money to confirm direction for our lives. Many times God uses a lack of provision to move us into new directions. It is a catalyst to encourage new ideas and strategies. Many times a loss of job becomes the greatest blessing to our lives because it provides the catalyst to do things we simply would never do without taking the step to get out of our comfort zone.
Friend, if you are fully following the Lord in your life and seeking direction from Him and you have no un-confessed sin in your life, there is no way He will allow you to miss His provision for you. He has a thousand ways to get the provision you need at the time you need it. Provision follows obedience.
- The Lord Is Not In It (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Be Bold in the Lord and FEAR NOT! (johnfcft.wordpress.com)
- He’s Backing Up His Word, FEAR NOT! (johnfcft.wordpress.com)
- YAH is God (jerfireandhammer.wordpress.com)
- 1 Kings Chapter 17 (pofw.wordpress.com)
- Prove It (mcdministries.wordpress.com)
- The Quiet Voice (asktwoquestions.wordpress.com)
- 1 Kings 16:30-17:24 – Elijah and the Widow of Zarephath (graceofourlord.com)
- The Testing of Faith (dailybibleplan.com)
- Jezebel ~ an example of idolatrous living against the Lord (mitsilancer.wordpress.com)