I was driving down the interstate feeling discouraged from an appointment I had just had. A former employee’s company was seeking to displace me, and my company, as their source for our services. It had been one of many difficult events during those months. As I was driving, some words popped into my mind, No weapon formed against you shall prosper. I could not tell you where those words came from other than I knew the Holy Spirit was speaking them to me; I knew they were in the Bible. I knew they were in the Old Testament.
When I returned to my office that day, I searched for the key words in my concordance and found the verse. “No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you” (Is. 54:17a).
Jesus said that the Holy Spirit would remind us of the things He desires us to know. There are times in our lives when the Holy Spirit speaks into our spirit words designed to encourage us or give us what we need at the moment. That is just one of the roles of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer. The more you know God’s Word, the more often you’ll recall verses the Holy Spirit will bring to mind for a given situation. Study God’s Word and allow the Holy Spirit to remind you of the things He desires you to know.
- The Coming of the Holy Spirit – Pentecost (ptl2010.com)
- Gaining Closure (ptl2010.com)
- Would You Like It Supersized? Patricia Holland Helps Believers… (prweb.com)
- Holy Spirit’s Interpretation of the New Testament: A Course in Understanding and Acceptance e-book (bqocorer.typepad.com)
- Would You Like It Supersized? Patricia Holland Helps Believers Discover the Benefits of Spirit Empowered Living in Her New Book ‘Pentecost Lost’ (prweb.com)
- Come, Holy Spirit (ising4god.wordpress.com)
- The Descent of the Holy Spirit (iarchos.wordpress.com)
- Listen to the Voice of the Holy Spirit (christopherjmoorewriter.wordpress.com)
- Who Is the Holy Spirit? (Video) (jimmyakin.com)
- The Holy Spirit download (onblzqbf.typepad.com)