Esau was brother to Jacob. One day he came back from hunting in the fields. He was hungry and tired. His brother Jacob was preparing some stew and Esau asked Jacob for a bowl. Jacob used this time to negotiate for what seems unimaginable – the family birthright.
Why would Esau take his birthright so lightly? Because he did not understand its value. Every business day countless men and women exchange their birthrights for worldly goods, because they see what the world has to offer as more valuable than what God might offer.
This is not all their fault. Satan has blinded the minds and hearts of men and women for centuries. He does not want them to know the tremendous gold mine that awaits the child of God. Their inheritance is filled with meaning, purpose, and rewards that await them both here and in Heaven. Satan keeps men and women from seeing the real value of their own godly inheritance.
Your role as a workplace Christian is to be the key that unlocks this prison that keeps so many in captivity. You may be the one to reveal the truth that allows them to enter into the inheritance God desires for them. Pray that God allows you to see each unsaved person you encounter as one who needs the key you hold in your hand. Then you will add to your own inheritance laid up for you in Heaven.
- Bible Study: Esau Sells His Birthright (pastorjbd.com)
- The Story of Jacob (brakeman1.com)
- Esau’s Trade (the1stfollower.com)
- Jacob: rascal or man of faith? (briancoatney.com)
- “Dial – the “Devil Is a Liar – Don’t Let Him Steal Your Blessings” (pjsprayerline.blogspot.com)
- Genesis 26-28 (mybiblereadingplan.wordpress.com)
- Entitlements (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Use Me Lord! (pbus1.wordpress.com)
- Why not go to the Father? (thepauls.wordpress.com)