Parents and conservative leaders are expressing fierce outrage after sex columnist and gay rights advocate Dan Savage unleashed a profanity-laced tirade against the Bible and Christian teenagers at a national high school journalism conference.
“Dan Savage is a bully,” said Phillip Naman, the father of two children who attended the journalism conference sponsored by the National Scholastic Press Association and the Journalism Education Association. “When you are attacking somebody for their character, for their beliefs – that’s abuse. Dan Savage was abusing the children in a bullying fashion.”
Naman’s son, Jake, was one of the first students to walk out of auditorium when Savage began berating the Bible.
- Parents, Conservatives Denounce Savage Bully (radio.foxnews.com)
- Christian Teens Say Gay Activist Made Girls Cry (radio.foxnews.com)
- Gay Conservatives Condemn Dan Savage’s Christian-Bullying (radio.foxnews.com)
- Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens (rabbittrails.net)
- -Anti-Bullying Speech Turns Anti-Christian (answersforthefaith.com)
- Conservative Groups Accuse Dan Savage Of ‘Bullying’ After He Highlights Hypocrisy In The Bible (thinkprogress.org)
- MTV’s Dan Savage whacked by PTC for anti-Bible remarks (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Dan Savage on the Bible and ‘bullying’, thought offense as real offense (losthighwaytimes.com)
- Anti-bullying speaker curses Christian teens (radio.foxnews.com)