Both the Real Canadian Superstore and Loblaws in the Kanata area have a dedicated, ten foot cooler section in their meat departments devoted to Halal meat that is promoted under a green-coloured Halal banner; and it doesn’t offer the shopper any insight into what Halal means or where it comes from.
Read on……and pass it on. While you’re at it – check out the origin of frozen fish and shrimp packaged under the Sea Breeze and some other attractive labels at your local grocery.
“Costco stocking their meat counters with “Halal” meat.”
I shopped for groceries at my local Wal-Mart. As usual, I bought a bag of frozen chicken breasts, but this time I checked to make sure the meat was not labeled “Halal.” Here’s why:
Halal is the Islamic term that basically means the meat is lawful to eat for a devout Muslim. What makes it lawful or acceptable is that the meat has been processed in a very specific way. Unlike kosher food, where the physical processing of the meat is the focus, for Islam it is the spiritual component that makes the meat lawful.
For lawful (halal) meat in Islam, the animal must be killed while the butcher faces Mecca, and either the butcher cries “Allah Akbar” or a tape plays the words over a loud speaker.
Ann Barnhardt is a cattle commodities broker, has more about “Halal.”
NEVER buy meat that is marked as “Halal.”
I am in the cattle business, and believe me when I tell you that Halal kill plants are CONSTANTLY being cited and shut down by the USDA for horrific infractions. Most of these plants are in Michigan and upstate New York.
One of the things that halal kill plants are notorious for is putting already-dead animals in the human consumption line. They will go pick up a dead cow off of a farm or ranch and instead of putting it in their rendering tank where the resulting “tankage” is worth pennies on the dollar as pet food or industrial products, they will shackle the dead animal on the normal kill line and process it as human food which is the highest-dollar product.
Since Islam teaches dishonesty (taqiyyah) and no regard for one’s neighbor, this kind of sickening behavior is standard.
Halal plants are also notorious for general citations for filth and uncleanliness. I have toured normal cattle slaughter plants, and guys, you could eat off of the floor. Everything is white and men walk around with water hoses and steam guns constantly keeping everything in a state of spotlessness.
Halal plants are filthy. A lot of Halal meat is also labeled as “organic.”
Again, don’t be fooled into thinking that “halal” means “better.” It isn’t. I would never, ever knowingly eat halal meat purely from a food safety perspective.
- We won’t eat halal meat, say MPs and peers who reject demands to serve it at Westminster (dailymail.co.uk)
- “NO HALAL MEAT for us,” order British MPs. (barenakedislam.wordpress.com)
- AUSTRALIA: Christians & other non-Muslims secretly being force-fed (Islamic-slaughtered) Halal meat that is not labeled ‘Halal’ (barenakedislam.wordpress.com)
- Daily Mail Whips Up “No Halal at Westminster” Non-Controversy (barthsnotes.com)
- Pamela Geller and the Stealth Jihad Turkey Conspiracy (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- HALAL DOUBLE STANDARD: Selling fake halal meat is a crime but selling unlabeled meat that IS halal to non-Muslims isn’t? (barenakedislam.wordpress.com)
- We Will All Be Muslims Before the Niner’s and Ravens Kick Off (tbogg.firedoglake.com)