“The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.” Numbers 6:24-26
Recently, a friend from London sent this personal account of an experience he had: “I was walking passed the Stock Exchange in the City of London when I overtook an Orthodox Jew with his black hat and long gray beard. As one does, I put my arm on his shoulder and gave him the blessing which God gave to Moses to give to Aaron with which he was to bless the Jews.
” ‘The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.’ “The Jewish gentleman turned round with a smile. ‘God said to Abraham, “Those who bless the Jews will be themselves blessed.” You will be blessed!’
” ‘I know,’ I said. ‘Ten years ago, I blessed a Jew at Kennedy Airport and I was upgraded to Club class and this happened again on my next two transatlantic flights. Every time I blessed a Jew I was upgraded!’
” ‘You’re the man, you’re the man!’ cried my friend. ‘I read that article in the Jewish Chronicle and was just going to tell you the story.’ “We ended up embracing each other on the pavement, no doubt to the astonishment of passing stockbrokers and bankers!”
Is there an opportunity to bless a Jew today? You might find yourself blessed if you do.
- Making the Lord Our Banner (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Disobedience Rooted in Fear (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- The Palace Of Blessing Psalm 1:1 part 1 (stevemidkiff.wordpress.com)
- Being a Vessel to Bless Others (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- When the Lord Tarries (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Rembrandt’s Jewish Jesus (roshpinaproject.com)
- What name do Jews give god (wiki.answers.com)
- The Palace Of Blessing (the real blessed man & our joy to share it ) Psalm 1:1 part 2 (stevemidkiff.wordpress.com)
- Poll: American Jews and Muslims share common values (jta.org)
- Hotel (melgibstein.wordpress.com)