Imagine telling a widow who was about to eat her last meal with her only son to give you a portion of that meal. That would seem like a cruel and unusually selfish thing to do. Imagine you have a need for provision and God tells you to go to the most desperate person in the land to get your provision.
God led Elijah to a poor widow who was on her last meal of flour. Why would God lead Elijah from one desperate situation into another? He wished to perform yet another miracle and show His faithfulness to those who needed it most.
Elijah proceeded to tell the widow: “But first make a small cake of bread for me from what you have and bring it to me, and then make something for yourself and your son. For this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ‘The jar of flour will not be used up and the jug of oil will not run dry until the day the LORD gives rain on the land'” (1 Kings 17:13-14).
Would you have questioned such logic in the face of a life-threatening situation? The woman demonstrates her faith in God and Elijah by giving him her last meal. This act of faith insured that her provision would be there day after day. God multiplied her flour and her jug of oil. Provision followed obedience.
“For the jar of flour was not used up and the jug of oil did not run dry, in keeping with the word of the LORD spoken by Elijah” (1 Kings 17:16).
God often multiplies what we already have in our hand in a miraculous way when we yield it to Him. God took her only resource just like He took the loaves and fishes, and multiplied it for those who were in need.
God has placed skills and resources in our hand already. We need to apply faith to that which He has placed in our hand in order to see His provision manifested through them.
- Gaining Direction Through a Lack of Provision (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- The Lord Is Not In It (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Is Perception Reality? (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Gaining Direction Through a Lack of Provision (via YOU DECIDE) (loopyloo305.wordpress.com)
- Gaining Direction Through a Lack of Provision (treeofmamre.wordpress.com)
- Articles of Faith: Leading through Challenges (linked2leadership.com)
- HOW TO GET GOD TO ANSWER YOUR PRAYERS (PART 4 of 4) (vineandbranchworldministries.com)
- Gaining Direction Through a Lack of Provision (via YOU DECIDE) (thechristiangazette.wordpress.com)
- Elijah and the ravens (creationconcept.wordpress.com)
- Gaining Direction Through a Lack of Provision (via The Tree of Mamre) (thechristiangazette.wordpress.com)