“A faithful man will be richly blessed, but one eager to get rich will not go unpunished.” Proverbs 28:20
There is a distinct difference between the workplace believer who operates based on living in the Promised Land versus the one who operates in Egypt. In Egypt, the workplace believer sweats and toils to generate an outcome. The final objective is foremost in their mind. Outcome is everything.
In the Promised Land, we learn that obedience is the only thing that matters. We are called to execute, and leave outcome to God. Sometimes that outcome is very positive, yielding a return. In other cases, we may not yield a corresponding return. We may even get a negative outcome. The difference is that we know that we have been faithful to what God has called us to and we yield results to God. God often blesses obedience beyond what we deserve. If God brings wealth to your life, it should come as a by-product of obedience, not an end in itself.
God may call each of us to be obedient to situations that may not yield immediate, positive results. It is in these times that our faith must be obedience-based versus outcome-based. What if Jesus had considered the immediate ramifications of whether he would go to the cross? Based on the immediate outcome, the decision would have been an easy one. Who wants to die on a cross? However, for Him there was a higher purpose in that obedience. We are called to this same kind of obedience. This means putting our own flesh on the line daily, dying to our own self-will.
This is what it means to be a faithful man. Pray that God will make you a faithful man today.
- Hebraic Thought (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Crying Out to the Lord (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Obedience Tests (via YOU DECIDE) (loopyloo305.wordpress.com)
- The Consequences of Faith (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Obedience Tests (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Defining Your Self-Worth (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- When Planting Yields No Fruit (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Testing for Obedience (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Resurrected Faith (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Receiving Your Inheritance (wdednh.wordpress.com)