“We were therefore buried with Him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.” Romans 6:4
If you commit yourself to live for Christ in and through your work life, there will be a consequence of faith. You could avoid much hardship and take a much easier road in life if you do not choose to live an obedient life of faith in Christ. This is a spiritual law. None of us is excluded from identification with the cross.
When we commit ourselves to fully follow Christ, He begins a “circumcision” process in each of us designed to rid all that is of the world system from our lives. This circumcision is required of every believer. Moses had much preparation from God for His calling to free the people of Israel from Egypt. He spent years in training as a young boy in the family of Pharaoh. He tried to free the people through the flesh by killing an Egyptian. That cost him 40 years in the desert of loneliness and toil before God said he was prepared to free the people from their suffering. God invested much in Moses; however, that preparation was not enough. Experience and preparation had to be mixed with obedience. God required his family to be circumcised. Moses failed to circumcise his son before returning to Egypt. This was so important to God that He was going to kill Moses if he did not uphold his commandment. “At a lodging place on the way, the Lord met Moses and was about to kill him” (Ex. 4:24).
Are there any areas in your life that have not come under the lordship of Christ? Is there any lack of obedience that will prevent you from being used fully by the Lord? Ask Him to show you this today so that you might be fully used of God.
- Baptism at the Red Sea (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Shedding Former Things (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Learning to Stand (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Ta Ha (20:45-79) (christianreadsquran.wordpress.com)
- Does the Bible Teach Paedocommunion? (christophermichaellofton.wordpress.com)
- I dubb thee, Moses (lindseyclift.com)
- Pope points to Moses as model of intercessory prayer (catholicnewsagency.com)
- Courage and Obedience (j4man.wordpress.com)
- Courage and Obedience (jimf.wordpress.com)
- LESSON FOUR OF ELEVEN : Where Is Jesus Now and What Is He Doing? PART B (eudoranachand.wordpress.com)