God speaks to his children in many varied ways. God has said that his ways are not our ways. If left to our reasoning, we will fail to fully walk in the full counsel of God, which leads to poor decisions.
Thus, our goal is to avoid being deceived and to develop a listening ear that hears the voice of God with confidence. Our goal is to have such intimacy with God that we can walk in the full blessing of our decisions and to be assured they are not based on our own reasoning alone. This does not mean that we do not use the intellectual and logical skills that He has equipped us with.
A.W. Tozer said that the man or woman who is wholly and joyously surrendered to Christ can’t make a wrong choice – any choice will be the right one. J. Oswald Sanders explains his method of receiving guidance from God for decisions; “I try to gather all the information and all the facts that are involved in a decision, and then weigh them up and pray over them in the Lord’s presence, and trust the Holy Spirit to sway my mind in the direction of God’s will. And God generally guides by presenting reasons to my mind for acting in a certain way.”
The apostle Paul said, “For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose (Philippians 2:13). God has equipped us with everything we need to make good decisions. Hearing His voice is the first step toward making right choices in life.
Do you have a decision to make? Submit that decision to the Lord, ask God for clarity. Ask Him to make the desires of your heart the same desires that He has for you in this matter. Await His perfect timing on the matter. Then you can be assured of making the right decisions.
- When God Speaks-Do You Listen? (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Being Led by God (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Learning to Stand (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Moving Ahead of God (via YOU DECIDE) (loopyloo305.wordpress.com)
- When Planting Yields No Fruit (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Celebrating the Life of A.W. Tozer (westernthm.wordpress.com)
- Are You Horizontal or Vertical? (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Are You Horizontal or Vertical? (via YOU DECIDE) (loopyloo305.wordpress.com)
- Some thoughts on Worship for Sunday school (reachingyouth.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: From The Library of A.W. Tozer by James Stuart Bell (thewritelife2.wordpress.com)