All I want to know is why the left is so afraid of Sarah Palin?
By: Clay WatersJune 09, 2011 15:46 ET
Early Thursday afternoon, Derek Willis posted on the paper’s “Caucus” blog a request surely enticing to the paper’s online liberal readership: “Help Us Investigate the Sarah Palin E-Mail Records.” Ken Shepherd at NewsBusters says enlisting newspaper readers to pore through the email trove “indirectly amounts to free oppo research for the 2012 Obama campaign.”
On Friday, the State of Alaska will release more than 24,000 of Sarah Palin’s e-mails covering much of her tenure as governor of Alaska. Times reporters will be in Juneau, the state capital, to begin the process of reviewing the e-mails, which we will be posting on nytimes.com starting on Friday afternoon E.D.T.
We’re asking readers to help us identify interesting and newsworthy e-mails, people and events that we may want to highlight. Interested users can fill out a simple form to describe the nature of the e-mail, and provide a name and e-mail address so we’ll know who should get the credit. Join us here on Friday afternoon and into the weekend to participate.
Sounds like a liberal party at the Times this weekend. But where was this crowd-sourcing investigative enthusiasm upon the release of the 2,000-page Obama-care bill, when it could have uncovered all sorts of expensive hidden surprises?
- Sarah Palin’s Emails To Be Released (webpronews.com)
- NYT, WaPo to readers: Hey, anyone want to help us dig for dirt in Palin’s e-mails? (hotair.com)
- Scores of Palin emails to be released tomorrow (salon.com)
- Sarah Palin Emails To Be Released Friday, Alaska Says (huffingtonpost.com)
- Alaska to release 24,199 pages of emails from ex-Gov Palin, Todd Palin, and state officials, on Friday (openchannel.msnbc.msn.com)
- Washington Post: Hey, Liberal Readers! Hey, Liberal Bloggers! Help Us Dig Through The Palin Email Release Dump To Find Negative Information Requiring “Further Investigation”! (minx.cc)
- 1000 day wait for Sarah Palin emails nearly over (go.theregister.com)
- News Organizations Want You To Read Sarah Palin’s Emails For Them (siliconfilter.com)
- State of Alaska getting ready to release Palin emails (thenewstribune.com)
- Alaska to release scores of Palin emails Friday (seattletimes.nwsource.com)