“You have said, ‘It is futile to serve God. What did we gain by carrying out His requirements and going about like mourners before the Lord Almighty? But now we call the arrogant blessed. Certainly the evildoers prosper, and even those who challenge God escape.’” – Malachi 3:14-15
Have you ever felt that serving God had little reward and the ungodly seemed actually to be more blessed than you? This is what the people of God felt. God heard their cry and responded through the prophet Malachi to explain God’s view on this matter.
Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in His presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored His name. “They will be Mine,” says the Lord Almighty, “in the day when I take up My treasured possession. I will spare them, just as in compassion a man spares his son who serves him. And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not” (Malachi 3:16-18).
Notice that after the people complained about this, they began to talk to each other, and the Lord listened and heard. God had been taking note of those who were serving Him and honoring Him. There is a day coming in which God will honor His “treasured possessions.” We will see that there is a distinction between the righteous and the wicked on that day when “the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall” (Mal. 4:2). What a beautiful picture of what we will feel like on that day.
God rewards faithful obedience. It often requires patience, suffering, and perseverance. Be of good cheer; He will reward you if you faint not.
- Walk Righteously with One True Almighty God Jehovah/Yahweh (kezi.wordpress.com)
- Time to Hear (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Seeing Through God’s Eyes (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- The Trinity’s Teamwork (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Decision-Making (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- A Joseph Calling (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Paneled Houses (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Obedience-Based Decisions Versus Skill and Ability (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- God’s Tests (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Another angle on Stewardship… (catholicjules.net)