The Cost of Unbelief
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 2 by Os Hillman
Monday, March 12 2012
“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him” (Heb 11:5-6).
How is your faith quotient? On a scale of 1 to 10 where would you rank yourself? Everyday, I marvel at the faith most of us exercise without even thinking about it.
We drive our cars 60-70 miles per hour with an oncoming car doing the same with only a white line and six to eight feet separating us. We place our faith that every car will not cross into our lane. We fly on airplanes that take us over oceans, trusting the pilots with our very lives. We ride on thrilling amusement rides that take us several stories into the air and travel fifty to seventy miles per hour down a winding slope. We trust the operators of that ride with our own mortality.
There is a great irony in the fact that we can place our faith in such things but cannot place our faith in the hands of our Creator. God got angry with one of his priests named Zechariah when he questioned his angelic messenger about his wife becoming pregnant with John the Baptist.
“Zechariah asked the angel, ‘How can I be sure of this? I am an old man and my wife is well along in years.’ The angel answered, ‘I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news. And now you will be silent and not able to speak until the day this happens, because you did not believe my words, which will come true at their proper time'” (Luke 1:8-20).
Zechariah was struck mute because of his unbelief for nine months until the birth of John the Baptist. What consequence have you suffered from a lack of faith? Jesus is always looking for faith on the earth. Is there an area in your life where you have not been able to trust God? Why not repent of your unbelief and place your faith totally in His hands today.
- John the Baptist was the Greatest (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- The Sin of Unbelief (ptl2010.com)
- Undo Our Unbelief (revelationsinwriting.wordpress.com)
- hello (sisterdot.wordpress.com)
- Advent Reflection on Zechariah by Mark D. Roberts (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Do you really believe God is in control? (philadelphiamtc.wordpress.com)
- Luke 1:5-38 Fourth in Advent (boynhillbiblestudies.wordpress.com)
- “No it’s your fault, not mine” (leemalaulau.wordpress.com)
- Amazed by unbelief (wordsofgrace.wordpress.com)
- Click a Blessing Today – It seems Impossible (ptl2010.com)